INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTERS’ IDEA BANK, Inc. (IBIB)
Radio Scholarship Grant Information
- One scholarship of $7,500 will be awarded to a junior or senior (as of September 2013) at a college or university that offers undergraduate training in radio broadcasting related programs, such as radio programming, advertising sales, mass media, or broadcast journalism. Some radio experience is considered as a positive, but is not required. This scholarship is funded by the IBIB, a world-wide group of community-minded radio stations.
- In order to qualify for the grant, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Is now attending, and is in good standing, a college or university in the United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand. Freshmen students are not eligible. You must be at least a sophomore as of February 2013. (Dates for Australia and New Zealand may be adjusted.)
- Select a course of study relating to a career in radio broadcasting.
- Exhibit grades in previous academic work, which, in the judgment of the IBIB, are adequate to give reasonable assurance of success in earning a degree in a program, outlined above.
- Supply all of the information requested on the Official Scholarship Application Form.
- Intend to pursue a career in radio broadcasting.
- Applicants must return forms to: Scholarship Committee, IBIB, PO Box 2448, Danville, VA 24541-0448 USA, postmarked in time to arrive before the deadline (see Rule 4, below). (Street address for UPS/FedEx only: 129 Acorn Lane, Danville, VA 24541) For items sent by Express Mail, be sure to check the box that indicates NO signature is needed by the recipient. This mail is going to a Post Office box and requiring a signature only delays your entry.
- ABSOLUTE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT: All application forms, essays, and transcripts must be received by March 30, 2013. If all of these are not received by the deadline, the application will not be considered. Please inform your college of this deadline for your transcripts. The winner will be announced May 7, 2013.