INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTERS’ IDEABANK, Inc. (IBIB)
SESAC Radio Scholarship Grant Information
- One scholarship of $10,000 will be awarded to a junior or senior (as of September 2014) at a college or university that offers undergraduate training in radio broadcasting and/or song writing related programs, such as advertising, mass media, communications, journalism, or music composition studies. Some radio experience is considered as a positive, but is not required. This scholarship is funded by SESAC, a music licensing company, (www.sesac.com) which contracts with radio stations for the rights to broadcast music by song writers represented by SESAC . If you have questions, contact the radio station that offers this award; do not contact SESAC.
- In order to qualify for the grant, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Is now attending, and is in good standing, a college or university in the United States. Freshmen students are not eligible. You must be at least a sophomore as of February 2014.
- Select a course of study relating to a career in radio broadcasting and/or song writing or music publishing.
- Exhibit grades in previous academic work, which, in the judgment of the IBIB, are adequate to give reasonable assurance of success in earning a degree in a program, outlined above.
- Be of good moral character.
- Supply all of the information requested on the Official Scholarship Application Form.
- Intend to pursue a career which includes radio broadcasting.
- Applicants must return forms to: Scholarship Committee, IBIB, PO Box 2448, Danville, VA 24541-0448, postmarked (Suggest: March 1) in time to arrive before the deadline (see Rule 4, below). (Street address for UPS/FedEx only: 129 Acorn Lane, Danville, VA 24541) For items sent by Express Mail, be sure to check the box that indicates NO signature is needed by the recipient. This mail is going to a Post Office Box and requiring a signature only delays your entry.
- ABSOLUTE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT: All application forms, essays, and transcripts must be received by March 7, 2014. If all of these are not received by the deadline, the application will not be considered. Please inform your college of this deadline for your transcripts.